Friday, November 15, 2019

An Orchid Card


        It’s Friday again! The weeks are just flying by. We had another dusting of snow Wednesday night but it quickly melted when the sun came out. I’m already sick of winter!

Even though I still have scads of Christmas cards to post, I thought those of you who do not make Christmas cards might like to see something different. So, today I’m posting a sympathy card made with an old Penny Black orchid stamp.

 

         This was stamped on water colour paper using my stamp positioner. I find it a must to use a stamp positioner with this type of stamp because you have to ink and then stamp, over and over using various colours of the same ink to get the dimension needed. I also take a wet paint brush and move the colours around after stamping when necessary. Then I used a Tombow marker to draw in the veins as they were not showing up very well.  Blue water colour paint was used for the background and then I splattered on blue and purple ink…I love splatters! For the sentiment I took a left over piece of water colour paper and painted it light blue with a few of the same splatters and then added a peel-off sentiment. Once I was happy with the main image it was then mounted on a blue card base. Sympathy cards do not have to be plain and dull; they can still be beautiful and bright.

        That’s all for a cold Friday, November 15, 2019.

Wishing everyone a wonderful, safe and creative weekend. Always be on the lookout for someone who needs a smile and pass one on to them! Smiles are contagious; pass them on.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...