Monday, November 11, 2019

Lest We Forget


Lest we forget! This is Remembrance Day in Canada where we pay tribute to all those who have fought in war to defend our freedom, especially those who did not return home but died in battle, like my Uncle Frank Harvey Willett who died at age 23 just before the end of the war.


     We woke up to the first snowfall of the season and its still falling. I was worried there would not be very many people at the cenotaph because of the bad weather but once again it was packed. It was a cold, wet snow falling and it was pretty miserable standing out in it, but I kept thinking that the soldiers couldn’t take the day off because of the weather so I stayed.

     So today, I’m not posting a card but I will post this Remembrance Day plaque I painted a few years ago that I hang by the front door every year. It’s painted on slate.




I’ll be back on Wednesday with another card.



Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...