Friday, November 8, 2019

Let It Snow - Somewhere Else


Let it Snow – somewhere else! We  didn’t get but a few flakes of snow but areas just an hour’s east and north of us got dumped on ….another reminder that winter is here.

        So, seeing as we have had snow, I’m posting a snowy card.

 

         I die cut this sled out of red cardstock and inked the edges with brown ink to give it some dimension and then added the twine for a rope. I had no idea what to do with it so first thing I did was take a piece of white cardstock and embossed it in a   snowflake embossing folder. I had some card bases that had a design printed on them that I seldom used so I decided this was a good time to use them up. They came from Paper Wishes years ago. I laid the embossed piece on the card – boring. So I then glued it to a piece of gold glitter paper – I had die cut something out of the middle of it so this was a good use for the remainder. I love doing this. When you see the focal image mounted on a piece of cardstock, rest assured, it is not solid underneath. Anyway, it did look better so decided to add that. Still blah. So I hand cut a snow drift; inked the edges with light blue and smeared some light blue ink around as well to look like shadows and placed it on top…acceptable, getting there!

The top needed something so I added some of the Tim Holtz greenery that I had  previously glistened with glitter glue and white glitter. Then I hand cut this holly embellishment – I think it came from an old Christmas card – inked the edges, formed it a bit and then glued it on. Much better and almost done. I die cut the ‘let it snow’ die three times out of dark blue cardstock; glued them together and then glued them to the snow bank. The snowflake was die cut from the same blue cardstock and glued on. Still not quite done. The sled was just so blah looking so I added some white flock to it so it looks like it has snow on it. Okay, now it’s done!

        That’s all for a cold Friday, November 8, 2019. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.



Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 





1 comment:

  1. Oh i love it Violet!!! I'm ushering in some cold weather with some homemade oatmeal raising cookies.. YUM! I hope the snow stays away for you... send it my way!! lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...