Wednesday, December 4, 2019

80 Years Old


        No, not me…..yesterday my hubby turned 80! My youngest daughter and sons came up for a visit and pre-birthday party last weekend…the other girls and families live too far away…..so yesterday was just Joe and I. We went out for lunch and I even bought him a very expensive and decadent chocolate hot fudge cake thing for desert. I don’t care for chocolate….and yes I know I’m weird…but I did have a peanut butter cheesecake that was likely 6,000 calories too but I enjoyed every bite of it as he did his chocolate desert. I don’t usually make him birthday cards but I did this year. This is what I made.


         The background paper was from a 6” paper pack I cut down to 5.25 inches so it would fit on a 5.5” card base with a small border showing. Then I added that strip of left over paper so the old-fashioned card that was die cut twice and glued together could sit on….another reason I keep these small strips. The sentiment was die cut three times; glued together and then glued to the card. Everything looks crooked but one corner of the card must have slipped down on the shelf that I rest them on when I took the photo. Everything is straight in real life. He liked it so that was good.

        That’s all for a cold Wednesday, December 4, 2019. One of my favourite aunts turned 93 today and still lives in her house alone! Hope I’m that fortunate.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 



1 comment:

  1. Now i LOVE me some chocolate... i'd be right there with Joe..lol Happy happy belated birthday Joe!! Now Violet that card is gorgeous!!! I love the colors ... such a 'guy' card.. and the car is a beautiful die cut.. I'm having trouble getting my Cuttlebug to cut for me.. It embosses just fine though.. Probably something i'm doing wrong.. No experience doing it.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...