Wednesday, January 15, 2020

An Art Impression Oldie Card


        Another beautiful mild day here today and no nasty cold north wind to spoil it either. Its 6C (43F) which is very warm for the middle of January in Ontario. In fact, its been so nice I have crocus shooting up which is a wee bit too early.

        Here’s another card made from an Art Impression stamp. 



         I stamped the fellow on white cardstock and coloured him with pencils and blended it with gamsol. Then I hand cut it – no matching dies for these old stamps. The balloon was die cut, including the string which came with the die. I poked a hole through his hand so I could insert the string through so it looked like he was actually holding it. The sky was sponged with a hand cut cloud stencil I made. Then a piece of scrap paper was placed where I wanted the sky to end and I ran a sponge inked with various green inks over the bottom of the card. The sentiment was computer generated and then die cut with a stitched fishtail banner. It was popped up with dimensional tape. Then the fellow and balloon were glued on and the entire thing glued to the dark green base.

        That’s all for a mild Wednesday, January 15, 2020.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


1 comment:

  1. I always love the Art Impressions stamps you have. They always seem so perfect. After some beautiful warmish days cold is settling back in with rain expected tomorrow.. I wanted you to know i saw my first Bald Eagle yesterday!No photos unfortunately.. But wow how gorgeous! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...