Friday, February 14, 2020

Love is in the Air

          More snow; more melting; more messy sidewalks. It started snowing Wednesday night and snowed off and on all night and all day Thursday. Fortunately it was mild until late Thursday when the temperatures took a dive so it mostly melted. It was down to -16(3F) overnight but with the wind chill it felt like -25C (-13F). Luckily we didn’t have to go out during the night. Still bitter cold all day today.
        Besides card making and quilting and other crafts I really enjoy scrapbooking. Here is a layout using just one photo – which is a rarity for me. I usually create a two page layout with multiple photos but sometimes I have just one. I had no idea of how to scrap it until I saw a sketch posted on Facebook’s Creative Scrapbooker Sketchy Group I joined. This was the February sketch and although I had to change it a bit, it still worked.
Here is their sketch.
                               
Here is my layout.
                           

        So the first thing I did was to draw the heart on a piece of scratch paper; flipped the designer paper over and traced it to the back and cut it out. Big oops – the sketch had the heart on the other side. Oh well. Temporary glue was put on the back of the heart and stuck to the dark brown cardstock. Then I carefully trimmed away the brown leaving a very small border…then they were permanently glued together. The sketch uses three photos and I only had the one of my granddaughter and significant other. So I placed a piece of designer paper behind them. Everything is from my stash so I have no idea where any of the paper or embellishments came from. The large title was die cut twice – once in the designer paper – which is the reverse side of the paper behind the photo – and once out of brown cardstock. The designer paper was glued on top of the brown die cut but off centred a bit so the brown showed as a shadow. Once the photo was glued in place, the embellishments were added. The hearts were die cut from bits left over from the larger heart and the dark brown cardstock. The strip at the bottom of the photo is again the back of the designer cardstock behind the photo. I just kept die cutting and adding hearts falling until I liked it. Larger ones were grouped near the bottom of the photo. Then I added the rest of the embellishments and tags. My granddaughter loved this layout.
        That’s all for a very cold Friday, February 14, 2020.  We don’t do the Valentine Day bit – we love each other every day so not necessary to do anything special today – especially when it’s so cold outside. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with another card. Be safe, be kind and be creative.
        Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...