Monday, February 17, 2020

A SpongeBob Card

 Today is “Family Day” here in Canada - a holiday to encourage families to do fun things together….especially families with younger children whose parents both work. I believe its “Columbus Day” in the USA as well. Once you retire, holidays with a day off do not mean much.  More nasty weather expected overnight as well – snow and rain and possible freezing rain. I’m so ready for spring.
          Today’s card turned out really cute but oh boy, what a time consuming card to make. I’ll have to find another way to make it before I bother trying again.

         
My grandkids all love SpongeBob – I don’t get it myself but they do! I bought the SpongeBob die set from Aliexpress. It cuts fine but there and everything lines up fine but there are no ‘extra’ areas built into the dies to make it easier to glue together…..and no base die. I ended up having to recut some and leaving part of it off the edge of the cutting mat so I could glue it to another piece. Only SpongeBob came with the set – the sign and grasses were from other sets. The fish were stamped once on scrap paper and then onto the card so they would not be so pronounced – second generation stamping is what it is called. For the sand I simply tore some cardstock and glued them to the background – which I created by first sponging on light blue paint and then running the corner of the ink pad across the background to add some texture. Once I liked it, it was glued to the dark blue card base. Like I said, cute but too much work.
          That’s all for a mild day about to turn nasty Monday, February-17-20.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...