Monday, March 23, 2020

The Cardinal Card


        The dreaded Covid-19 virus is still spreading. Some people refuse to stay in self-isolation to stop it. They must think they are immune and they obviously don’t care who they spread it to. In spite of the seriousness of it, I think the best thing to do is to spread some good news; keep your spirits up with laughter from someplace – a movie, book, or whatever brings you joy; and be creative. So, I shall continue to post on the blog as long as I can. So far, we are just fine but we are diligent about self-isolating ourselves – no visitors allowed; we don’t go out unless absolutely necessary. I did have to go get some groceries yesterday but I went at 7:00am when it was for seniors only and very few people; and I wore gloves and stayed away from everyone; and washed my hands well as soon as I came home – and as soon as the grocery bags were emptied they went immediately into the washing machine. We shall continue to stay in until it safe to go out.
        So, today’s card features one of my favourite birds – the Northern Cardinal.


        This stamps and dies are similar to the ones from Stampin’ Up. I stamped the bird and stem on white cardstock and die cut them. The stitched hexagon was die cut and left in the die while I pounced on some blue ink over a stencil. The light blue piece was in the stash so I quickly ran it through the wood grain embossing folder to give it some texture and glued it over the dark blue card base. Then the hexagon and bird were glued in place and the gold peel-off sentiment was added. This was definitely a quick and easy card but I like how it turned out.
        That’s all for Monday, March 23, 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...