Monday, March 9, 2020

A Modern Fairy Card


Well it did warm up some yesterday with sunny skies but the cold wind fooled you when you went out if you were not in a sheltered spot. I took a walk through the bush with a friend but the owl was not to be found…in fact there was not much wild life activity at all….but it was nice to be out in the fresh…but cool, air.   Today was much of the same weather wise – and still no owl. We have had a pair of Great Horned Owls nesting at Paxton’s Bush for the last 15 years but no one seems to be able to find their nest this year….although others have spotted them off and on. The owl hunt will continue…..not that I need another picture of this owl but ….it may be a better picture!!!
Today is my granddaughter’s birthday. Here is the card I made for her.
                               
       I bought this fairy stamp and had no idea what to do with it so this is what I came up with. The Spellbinder’s oval was die cut from a piece of plastic so I could use both as a template. The outside of the oval was placed on top and taped down to my Tim Holtz work station which held the white cardstock in place. Then I sponged on various inks inside the oval until I liked it. Then the stamp was placed in the oval for placement only – no ink. Then I just took another circle template and placed it where the fairy’s head would be. First I sponged on some yellow ink but it turned a bit green – oops…so then I used some white paint to lighten the circle which strangely enough brought it back to yellow. Cool. Then the oval placed in the open space …with some repositionable tape on the back…and the template removed. Then the background was sponged. My crackle stamp was used at the top and a leafy stem for the bottom. Then I placed the card front in my Tim Holtz stamp positioner and stamped the fairy a few times to get her nice and dark. Then the small sentiment was stamped. I glued a gem on her hand and used a gel pen to draw in some lines around it. Then small clear gems were glued on. This was not a quick card to make but I certainly liked how it turned out.
        That’s all for a pretty warm day for Monday, March 09. 2020. Lots of rain coming for the next few days though so no owl searching until later in the week.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.










1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm ... for some reason i cannot see your picture of the card... But i hope you find the owl!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...