Wednesday, March 11, 2020

A Card from a Card


        Monday was the last day for warm weather – back to brrrr….and with wind and rain showers thrown in. Yesterday one of my best friends was honoured for her 175th blood donation. She invited a few of us to the blood donor clinic to help her celebrate her accomplishment. The local newspaper was there to interview her and take her photo – she made the front page today. Awesome! I used to donate whenever I could but the doctor put a stop to it a few years ago…but both my oldest grandchildren donate so that’s good. Apparently during WWII my mother donated a lot of blood because she was AB and they needed it so badly. She donated so often she was given an award by the government but unfortunately it was lost when our house burnt down – two weeks before I was born – I was not off to a good start, was I
Now on to the card.   Today’s card is one that is a card made from a card.
 
        A friend of mine gave me some very old greeting cards she got from another friend and this card was one of them. It was just too pretty to toss in the recycle bin. I don’t use a lot of old greeting cards….even though people keep dropping them off for me…. but this one was an exception. It was a very large card but I cut it down; mounted it on pink; then mounted it on green marbled cardstock that was the back of the card and then mounted it on a pink card base. The butterflies were part of the card but it needed a sentiment. I chose this one which seemed to suit it. It was quick and easy to make and I like it. I’m hoping it gives some encouragement to the recipient.
        That’s all for a cool Wednesday, March 11 2020.
Cheers
Violet
PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






1 comment:

  1. I always love it when i can repurpose something. Very pretty card Violet! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...