Friday, July 10, 2020

A John Deere Tractor quilt

        We are so grateful that a bit of rain fell this afternoon ….and there could be more coming. I hope there’s more coming as the bit we got is what my father would have called “enough to settle the dust” but when we haven’t had rain in weeks, we are grateful for any at all. Hopefully this will reduce this terrible heat that we’ve been having as well. One of the highways about 45 minutes from us actually buckled from the heat and had to be closed. Canadian highways can withstand the bitter cold but they are not used to weeks of temperatures around 100F.

        I’m shaking things up today and posting a quilt instead of a card. I’ve been busy quilting and making scrub hats and masks and not card making. This is a quilt I made for my youngest grandson who decided at age 6 that he was going to be a farmer with all John Deere tractors. To our best knowledge he’s never been on a farm and we have no idea how he knows one tractor from another but apparently he does.

                           

     The pattern actually came from a quilting magazine that used Christmas fabrics but I decided it would make a nice tractor quilt. This was the only John Deere tractor fabric I could find so I had to cut all those 6 ½” squares and then piece the rest of it. Lots of little pieces on this quilt but it went together quicker than I thought it would.  He loved it so that’s the main thing.

        That’s all for a still hot and humid and now maybe a thunderstorm Friday on July, 10, 2020. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. Stay safe, be creative and be kind, always.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog and leaving a comment Violet! I always enjoy it when you do.. Now back to this quilt! I'll bet your grandson just LOVED it. Its fantastic! And it looks like alot of work... You have such patience and it certainly paid off! Hot humid here too..and we were so thankful for some rain we got the other day.. Hope the heat breaks soon for both of us! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...