Friday, August 14, 2020

Dutch Door Card

         Another week has flown by. All day today I thought it was Saturday but to be honest, I seldom know what day it is! They are all pretty much the same thanks to this darn pandemic. Hopefully they will find a vaccine soon!

        Today’s card was inspired by a YouTube video I watched from The Pampered Stamper who is a local Stampin’ Up dealer. I think she called it a Dutch Door Card. Here’s my version but not with Stampin’ Up stamps.

                  

This is the front of the card. So the concept is to cut off the top portion of the card so you can see the title that is actually the inside. The Crazy Bird is from the Tim Holtz mini collection. The paper is from the stash and it is double sided so the grey rectangle matches perfectly. The hello was die cut twice and glued together and the bird was glued on with a dimensional glue dot.

     Here’s the inside of the card.

 

There was other two sided cardstock from the same line and I had a small piece in the stash so I used it to the left side so it wasn’t so plain. There is room for a message on the bottom of the right side. It’s okay but I’m not as crazy about it as I thought it would be.

        That’s all for Friday, August-14-20 20. Have a happy, safe and creative weekend everyone and I’ll be back to posting again next week.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. I think its different and i like different! :) Maybe your not crazy about it because of the white background on that part of the card.. ?? Perhaps another color would make it come together more? LOVE the idea though...

    Not much to do here either.. Hubby is climbing the walls a little bit.. Me ... I always have stuff to keep me busy kinda like you i imagine.. But i do miss going and doing what i want to do when i want to do it..I miss browsing in stores without a mask on... I want to walk around a flea market and be able to breathe... uugh... this to shall pass... hopefully. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...