Friday, September 18, 2020

The Halloween March

 

        Another week has flown by. I do hope this finds you safe and secure from all the perils affecting us all right now, including the dreaded COVID-19. We will be so happy when they find an effective vaccine!

        Fall has descended upon us! There is even a frost warning tonight and we’ve had a cold north wind blowing on some days which means I’m grounded. Cold wind triggers off my brain disorders so it’s a good job I have lots of indoor hobbies.

        Here is yet another Halloween card. I doubt if there will be any trick or treating this year but the kids will at least have a Halloween card.

                      

          Once again, the background is from the same large piece of water colour paper that was sprayed and splattered with various inks and then cut down to card size….see Monday’s posting for more details. The top needed some texture so these cracked lines were stamped in black. I have this old square wooden stamp that has three different designs and I think this is the only one I use! I’m not sure what exactly it is except scraggly lines but I do use it a lot.  While I was tidying up a drawer, I went through my roller stamps and found this one. It’s an oldie from Stampin’ Up and I usually forget about using it. I do not have the holder for these roller stamps and I’m thinking of cutting them apart and using them in my stamping platform instead of rolling them by hand….but so far I’ve resisted that urge. This one turned out not too bad but now I wish I had used VersaMark ink and then heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Oh well. The ten year old boy who is receiving this will not care. The sentiment was stamped and then coloured in with a water colour marker. An orange marker was used to colour in the pumpkin’s face. This one was mounted on an orange card base.

        That’s all for another Friday, September 18, 2020. Have a wonderful, happy, safe and creative weekend everyone and I’ll be back next week with more posts.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...