Friday, May 28, 2021

A Die Cut Flower Card

     This crazy May weather continues. On Monday it was so hot and humid it was hard to breathe outside and with the humidity it felt like it was close to 100F. We woke up this morning to the house being so cold I had to turn the heat back on!….as did most people. It has been cold and rainy all day and the cold weather is going to continue throughout the weekend. No bike rides or BBQing this weekend!

     I was in the mood to play with some old flower dies earlier this week so this is another ‘experiment’ that I tried.

                          
     This time the flower die was used right on the card front and a piece of dark yellow cardstock was glued to the back of the front of the card; then the flower was glued back in place on top of the yellow. I didn’t like it. I didn’t like the white card front. So blah! So the first thing I had to was to add some sponged on blue ink around the image. I didn’t care for the orange or the blue showing in the cut away part of the leaves either so I took that bit of the die and sponged some green on it and glued it in place. Then the flower was die cut another three times and they were all glued on top of each other to add some dimension. Looking better but still a bit blah. So out came the gold peel-offs. Gold strips were added on an angle and then gold corner peel-offs were added. Much better and called it done.

That’s all for a cold and rainy Friday, May 28, 2021. If you are in the USA I wish you all a happy Memorial Day weekend. If from Canada or other countries, I wish you a happy and safe weekend.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...