Wednesday, May 26, 2021

A flower die cut technique

      May is usually my favourite month but this year it has had such extreme temperature changes, I’m thinking of making June my favourite month. One day we need a sweater on outside and the next day it was so hot and humid we were under a severe weather warning. But we finally got some rain last night and some today so that was nice.

    I managed to get a few cards made. I was in a bit of an experimental mood. Here is one of the ones I created.

               
   The first thing I did was to use a full sheet of double sided tape to tape the designer paper (sorry from the stash so I don’t know who made it) right on to the front of a white standard card base. Then I die cut the flower. Then I sponged adhesive on the back of the die cut flower and laid it back into the negative space and glued it down. Now its in the inside of the card. It looked nice but the front of the card was very flimsy as the card base was just made from light weight cardstock. So I cut another piece of white cardstock to be 4 x 5.25 and die cut the flower again and then glued that white piece to the back of the card front on the inside…..Hope that makes sense. So now the card was a little sturdier but still a little wobbly because it was so loose where the leaves met. So I took a left over strip of the designer paper and glued it on where the leaves all meet. That made a huge difference. The sentiment is a peel-off. Then the butterfly was added because I like butterflies.

    So, now the card shows the flower when the person receives it first looks at it but then when they open the card, the flower is on the inside. The inside of the card needed a bit of a greeting so this is what I stamped. I added some small gold peel-off bits to the centre of the flower because the sentiment on the front was gold.

                               

    I liked this card just fine but if I was going to do another one, I would start with a stronger card base.

     That’s all for a hot and humid Wednesday, May 26, 2021.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

  

1 comment:

  1. Well i think the addition of that butterfly just really adds something special to it! Expecting rain and cooler temps all this week... thank goodness.. we need it! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...