Monday, June 7, 2021

A Bird Card

 We just had a very hot and humid few days and now its raining….more rain along with thunderstorms for the next few days too. We did get a 20km bike ride in on Saturday though because it was much less humid at the lake.

Besides card making, scrapbooking and quilting my other hobby is photography. I love to photograph the migratory birds that fly up to Canada from Mexico, South America and the Southern States of the USA every spring. One of my favourites is the Prothonotary Warbler which is a rare visitor. I believe there is only about 12 mating pairs in Ontario and luckily for us, some are at nearby parks. Here is a photo of one of them I made into a card. I have a friend who has months of rehabbing ahead of her so this card is for her. 

     This time the card was simply cut down and mounted on black cardstock and then onto a yellow card base. I wanted the warbler to be the main vocal point. A banner was die cut from black cardstock and adhered with dimensional foam strip. The sentiment is a peel-off.

     That’s all for Monday, June 7, 2021.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. Well i have missed a few days... I have never seen a muskrat in person! So i loved seeing the photo... and the blue jay card is so unique!The Warbler is another i have never seen..just beautiful.. And the repurposed card is that a gold background behind the bird? wow!
    Super hot here too and humid.. I'am not an early riser but i have had to get my walks in early or forget it.. Up over 100 every day with humidity to match...uuugh... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...