Monday, January 3, 2022

Calories Never Count....

 Well the Christmas and New Years celebrations are over. Back to normal…. normal during a pandemic that is. We had another green Christmas but we did get snow overnight January 1 - enough that we had to have the neighbour clear our driveway with his snow blower. We are not fond of winter or snow so we’re pretty much staying home.

I did get some cards made over the holidays though. Here is one of them.

                           
I had this image coloured but had never finished it as a card. I like to colour these while I watch hockey at night. I used coloured pencils and blend it with gamsol. The only drawback to that is I don’t co-ordinate the paper first so then its a hunt for paper that matches the image. This time it was reverse. I was making some card backgrounds using some left over paper and this background was one of them. Then I opened my folder with coloured images and this one was right on top….perfect. The image was hand cut and glued on as was the scale. The sentiment came with the stamp set. This is a very old Stamping Bella stamp set and I expect it has been discontinued. I have not even looked at her site since she moved her business to the USA and started charging shipping to Canada the same price as to Europe….unbelievable and unforgivable in my books. Anyway, it was then mounted on a blue card base which helped make the image pop and I called it done.

That’s all for a very cold Monday, January 3, 2022.

 

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Its been downright balmy here Violet..70+ degrees...Hubbys been playing golf... Love your card and the story of how it all comes together.. Happy New Year!! Wishing you a wonderful year....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...