Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Masculine Cards

 I’m back! Its been awhile since I posted for no reason other than I’ve been busy getting a quilt finished for my daughter, making cards, doing housework (yuck) and working on a variety of other projects so by the time evening comes, I’m too tired to turn the computer on. Things are starting to settle down now so I should be on at least twice a week.

I needed some masculine birthday cards and although I seldom make identical cards, I do like to use the same image and see how many different ways I can turn it into cards. Here’s some examples.

                      

The stamp is from an old Stampin’ Up stamp set that I really like for masculine cards. The leaves and berries that were stamped around the bird are part of the set as well. They were stamped first on scratch paper and then onto the circle so they would be lighter and in the background. The brown circle was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and then the next smaller die was used to cut the circle with the image which was mounted on the brown. It was then glued to the background designer paper (sorry, from the stash and no idea where it came from) which was mounted on a Kraft card base. A strip of Kraft cardstock was cut about 1/4” wide and a peel-off sentiment was added…. it was added in such a way the bird had something to walk on and did not look like it was floating.

 Two more stamped birds were mounted the same way but the card base was vertical this time. I’m using up scraps of cardstock and somehow they work well together. 

                    

 The third one was finished on a dark brown wavy cardstock that happened to be the same colour I stamped the bird in.

That’s all for a very cold Tuesday, January 11, 2022.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...