Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Flower Card

 As our very cool/ cold and rainy weather continues, I’m stuck in the house. I cannot wait to start digging in the garden again! I love my flowers and at various times of the year I like to walk around with my camera and snap some photos. Some of these photos get turned into greeting cards, like the one I’m posting today.

                                         

This photo was reduced in size so two of the same photo could be placed side by side on 4x6 photo paper which is easily done using Photoshop. Then it was printed out; cut, leaving the white border; and layered on a piece of black cardstock. Then I cut a piece of designer paper (sorry, its from an old 8”x11”paper pack I picked up at the thrift store years ago so long time discontinued) down to 4”x5.25”. Then a co-coordinating piece of designer paper was cut down to just fit on angle on the mounted designer paper after being mounted on black as well. After those two pieces were glued to the designer paper, a ribbon was wrapped around and taped at the back and then it was mounted it on a matching solid card base. The black tag was a punch and the ‘hello’ sentiment was die cut twice from pink cardstock that matched the ribbon and it was glued to the punched oval. I thought the hot pink would pick up the pink in the flower.

That’s all for a cool - it was raining earlier - Wednesday, March 30, 2022.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Violet! Your photo cards inspired me to do the same with my photos a few years ago.. i need to do more! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I'm surprised at how many people seem to like my flower cards. I'm definitely a novice photographer and I only have a point and shoot camera - but a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...