Friday, May 20, 2022

If things aren't going right....

 We had to turn the furnace on the other day to get the chill out of the house; today we were back to July temperatures - hot but very windy which keep the humidity down. This is our long weekend coming up - May 2 four - and we are expecting thunderstorms and rain all weekend! Great!

This card is always a challenge to finish. The image is an old Stamping Bella image which is super cute, fun to colour; but not easy to finish….but that’s just likely me. So, here’s what I did this time.

                             
     I had this image all coloured in the pinks and green and then I had to find paper to go with it. I know most card designers choose the paper first, and then they colour the image to match….but I’m not a designer, so I get to make my own rules. You can never be accused of breaking the rules if you make up your own to follow!

So, I was flipping through my stash of 6” paper packs and found this paper with all the arrows on it. Perfect! The arrow paper was glued to a green card base and then the fancy oval was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die from paper from the same pack. The image was hand cut - no dies for these oldies! But, I re-stamped the image where it would go to get the exhaust puffs, etc but they don’t show up very well on the green paper - oh well. So the image was glued down and then I drew the wire to connect the blue flag. The sentiments come with the stamp set. They were adhered with dimensional strips.

Its a fun card to send to someone who is just have a bad time that isn’t life altering, just a bad time.

That’s all for a hot and windy Friday, May 20, 2022

Have a wonderful, safe and healthy weekend everyone. I’ll be back next week with more cards.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...