Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Scooter Card and Birds

 Well we just had a very strange long weekend weather wise. Saturday morning we had a thunderstorm roll through here and on to the East. It was just a normal thunderstorm here but it picked up wind speed on the way East of here and caused a lot of damage including falling trees which sadly claimed two lives. After the storm passed we went to Rondeau to get some more birding in…..waste of time really. The migratory birds are scarce this year. I think because the first part of May was so cold here that they just moved on up north instead of staying here. We did enjoy some hiking through our favourite trails though and did get a few photos. Here are a few of them.

                       

Brown-headed Cow Bird - not my favourite bird but at least he was sitting still. 

Female Blackburnian Warbler
Fungi!

I love this old tree stump and just had to get a photo of it.

There were more pink Trilliums than white.


But a friend pointed out to me that the white ones turn pink as they age. I did not know that. We usually see the white ones and when we go back to that area, they are all but dead. So I guess we had always missed that in between pink stage. The Trillium is the official flower of Ontario. 

It was very, very hot at Rondeau Saturday afternoon. We have yet to turn the A/C on so the house was pretty hot when we got back….. but we refused to turn on the A/C because we knew the temperatures were going to dip pretty low at night. Yup, we had to turn the furnace on Sunday and Monday morning to get the chill out of the house. It also rained Sunday and Monday so no more hiking or birding for us. I feel sorry for the people who were camping there.

So, I did get some more work done on my gnome quilt blocks and some cards mad. Here’s one of them.

                          
    I pulled out this old Stamping Bella stamp - everything old is new again, right! It was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol and then I hand cut it… no dies for these old stamps. Yes, I even had to cut between her skinny arms and body and inside of the scooter. If you ever have to hand cut something like this, do those small pieces first because then you have more paper to hang on to….at least I find it easier to do those first.  So once it was coloured and cut out I had to find some papers to go with it. While rifling through the 6” packs I found this one with a map and some coordinating paper and decided to use that. I cut two thin strips of hot pink/red to edge the green strip. The black strip was added so the scooter could sit on something and not look like it was floating. The sentiment as stamped and heat embossed in white before gluing it on. Overall I was pleased with it. It will be a good quilt for a young adult.

That’s all for a nice but coolish Tuesday, May 24, 2022.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...