Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Two different cards, same background

 Our wacky weather continues - from cold to very, very hot, to cool and rainy, to sunny, and tomorrow back to rain. This afternoon was grass cutting and working in the garden….the weeds were getting too aggressive and needed removing. Joe was cutting the grass and it was still wet from yesterday’s rain so it was harder work than normal…but we couldn’t leave it another day or he would never get through it. The joy of owing a home!

 I’m back with a couple of cards today. I had two pieces of cardstock with the same design that I stenciled on but never used them. I decided to once again give myself a challenge and to make two completely different cards using the same background. Here is the first card I made.

                               
I had this cute little digital image of the boy with a frog all coloured up and ready to use so I went with it.  Cut the stenciled paper into three strips of different widths and glued them to a green background paper and then onto a light green paper and then on to a white card base. Lots of layers but it called for it. Then the coloured image was glued on and the banner sentiment added with a dimensional strip. This ended being a 5.5 inch square card.

 And here’s the next card.


 This time I left the stenciled image in one piece but glued it to another green layer; then the light green layer; and then onto the 5.5 inch card base. A strip of green was added across the middle and a flower was added to the left side. The sentiment is a gold peel-off. Sparkly gems were added to the flowers.

 There you have it. Two totally different cards for two different age groups and genders using the same background. I find it is a good brain game to challenge myself once in awhile…..and besides, I don’t like making the same card twice.

It was raining yesterday so I did get some more very cute cards finished. I'll be posting them next so stay tuned.

That's all for a sunny, but with a cool wind, Tuesday, May 17.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...