Tuesday, July 26, 2022

A New Stamp Set

     Still very hot and humid here but the weeds were getting out of control so I spent the afternoon hoeing and weeding and ripping out some plants that were overgrown. Whew! Glad that’s done.

    Have you ever seen a real cute stamp set and bought it without really planning on how you can use it. This was this set. I seldom buy a stamp set unless I have a clear idea of what I can do with it and how many times I can change it. ….but once in while!!! This is the card that was the final project.

                        
The main stamp are the words only! The cupcake, candle and present are separate stamps. I did struggle with this one a bit but probably because I never use sketches.

So, I stamped it in black ink on a piece of scrap paper at first just to get an idea of how well it stamped and what it looked like. I immediately knew it needed to be stamped in colour. Red is a happy colour so it was stamped in red on white cardstock. What next? I didn’t like it taking up the entire A2 card so I cut one side off and rounded the corners on the other side. I found some paper with dandelion bits on it which I thought would be perfect as a background so it was glued to a red card base - it looks pink, but its red. Then I stamped the cupcake, present and candle on separate cardstock, coloured them, added glitter, and glossy accents on the cherry to make it shine and hand cut them. They are then glued in the empty spaces. It needed something else so I added three red gems to the top left corner which looked bare. It’s okay, not my favourite stamp set but I will use it again.

That’s all for a hot and humid…..and no rain…Tuesday.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...