Wednesday, August 3, 2022

A Scrappy Card

     Why is this summer flying by so fast? I cannot believe it is August already! We had a very hot and humid long weekend and although they predicted thunderstorms, not a drop of rain fell here. Tonight we finally had some rain. Such a blessing.

    Today’s card is using up scraps and adding odds and ends.

                         
    The background are strips of left over paper cut in various sizes and glued to a piece of thin white paper; trimmed to 4” x 5 1/4” to fit on a standard A2 card with a small border showing; and then run through an embossing folder. I always run these scrappy cards through an embossing folder because it helps seal the glue and gives it some gentle texture.

 I had these felt bright doilies I picked up at Michael’s several years ago and haven’t used many of them….especially these hot pink ones. But, there was some hot pink in the strips so I went for it. The die cut image was stamped and coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol….it was sitting in the stash waiting to be used as well.

 I didn’t put a sentiment on this one as I’m not sure if I want it for a thinking of you or birthday card…either one would be fine I think.

That’s all for a hot and humid…but wet….Wednesday, August 3, 2022.

 Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...