Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Shaker Card

     March has been, and will continue to be, a very rainy and windy month. Unfortunately my brain disorders do not like low atmospheric pressures or abrupt changes in weather so I haven’t been doing much for the last week or so. Well, I did get some cards made because I can’t sew when I’m having attacks - the noise of the sewing machine worsens the attacks. In a previous post, I did ask if anyone wanted me try a new or different card technique to put the request in the comments. One person did. Thanks Deb for the challenge to make a shaker card.

    I have only ever made one shaker card before it was very time consuming. However, when this challenge appeared I remembered that I had bought a package of double adhesive foam for shaker cards… which I bought and still hadn’t used. Time to pull it out. Here’s the card I made.

 


    I had to figure out how to die cut the circle in the foam and in the cardstock front so they match. I put the card front onto a piece of the foam that I had cut to A2 size, and ran it through the Big Shot. I didn’t think it would cut through all the pieces at one time, and it almost did, but not quite. But, it did leave a large imprint in the foam so I could easily line up the die again, and ran it through again.  

    Then I took an old clear plastic project cover - they had them on sale at Staples for 7 each - yes 7 cents - and I bought four of them. I simply cut them down to what ever size I need when I need clear plastic. I used some bits to store stamps on as well. Anyway, I taped the clear plastic to the back of the birthday paper; placed the die cut circle from the birthday paper behind it and lined it up so the pattern matched. Added some beads, stars, and other bits; removed the backing from the foam and glued it to the bright pink card base. But, then I didn’t like the circle being without a frame. So I die cut a scalloped edge circle from the same hot pink and glued it over top so it sort of hides the fact that the papers line up but I like it better. Then I die cut a banner from the same hot pink and stamped the sentiment. I’ve had that stamp for years and seldom remember to use it. I added some Stickles Pink Liquid Pearls for the frosting on the cupcake and the heart in the cupcake holder. I obviously made this one for a young girl and I think it turned out okay, just okay, but okay.

    I need to get more doodads for the centre of future shaker cards. Using these foam pieces are much quicker but much more expensive. They gave me the confidence to make the cards though so that’s a good start. I made one other one with more to come. I’ll post these at a later date. BUT, it did leave the centre cut out of the foam so I have to figure out what to use it for..... stay tuned!

That’s all for a rare non-rainy day, more coming tomorrow, on Tuesday, March 28, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. That turned out great Violet! Thank you for doing that! I'm gonna give this a go one of these days... i don't have the cut out dies but i'll figure something out.. Take care! Enjoy your non rainy day.. lol Send any and all rain here!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...