Sunday, April 23, 2023

Aqua Card 4 and some flowers

 Well, it still cold and rainy here in Ontario which is pretty normal for April weather….but we are so ready for a real spring! That one week we had of above normal temperatures was such a tease. But, the tulips and daffodils and other spring bulbs are loving this weather. I have a few uncommon daffodils. Here are a few of them.

Today's card is after the flowers so if you don't like flowers, just scroll on down!

                    

This one has light petals but a dark yellow trumpet.

This one has white petals; light yellow trumpet but a pinkish-orange frill at the end of the trumpet. 

This one is my favourite. White petals; light yellow trumpet but a dark reddish-orange, almost red, frill at the end. It looks like a narcissus, but its not.
 They are not blooming yet.

And I have a lot of the common ones too.

This is a double daffodil. I don't have many of these.

     AND NOW FOR THE CARD.

Today’s card is card number 4 in the Aqua challenge I gave myself.

 


The background is from the 6”paper pack and cut down to 4 x 5.25 to fit on a standard A2 card base. The butterfly is from a different package but also from the dollar store. This butterfly was huge and I wasn’t sure what to do with it but once I laid it on the card, I really liked it. Once it was glued down I cut off the bits hanging off the card. I like this look. I did not like the butterfly’s body and head so I die cut a new one using a very, very old Quickutz die. I added some white hi-lites down the back of the body with a white gel pen.  The birthday sentiment is a black peel-off on a matching blue hand cut fishtail banner.


This is the last of the big butterflies. The remaining cards are quite different.

That’s all for a cold Sunday, April 23, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I love Daffodils Violet! For several reasons... they are pretty reliable , coming back every year. Love their cheery yellow color and the fact they come in so many varieties... I REALLY fell in love with them in Arkansas because the deer won't eat them and the squirrels won't eat the bulbs...lol I don't have to worry so much about them in TX but i plan on planting some. What a great idea on how to use that huge butterfly... really works here.. You have the BEST Dollar Store...lol.... I found some at Hobby Lobbby and stuck them on my wall in the Craft Room...lol Much love and hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...