Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Aqua Card Number 5

 Well the rain has finally quit falling, for now. Tomorrow it should be almost 50F and no rain so we can get the grass cut and some yard work done….. before it starts raining again. May 1 to May 20 is commonly known as ‘birding season’ here in Ontario. Its when the warblers and other migratory birds stop in Southwestern Ontario to rest before heading up north to breed…a few species stay for the summer. It is the only time we get to see these beauties and we look forward to it all winter. And according to the long range forcaste, its going to rain for at least half of that time. (sigh)

 Aqua Card number 5.

                                        

The background is one of the papers from the 6” pack, cut down to 4 x 5.25 so it fits on a standard A2 card and leaves a nice small border. Then I cut the paper with all the butterflies on it about 2” wide and set it aside while I punched the white border. I had a lot of punches gifted to me and I seldom remember to use them…out of sight, out of mind! I’m trying to make an effort to use them more often. Once the white border was glued on to the butterfly strip, it was glued down the centre Then I die cut a stitched circle border and glued a circle of velum behind it and glued that on. All the embellishments came with the paper pack but I had to fussy cut them all out. That’s okay. I actually don’t mind doing that at all. Some were glued on flat; some were added with dimensional dots behind them. Even the tiny butterflies had to be fussy cut but I cheated and used the body from an old butterfly die, although modified. I was quite pleased how this one turned out.

 That’s all for a fairly warm Wednesday, April 26, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...