Sunday, May 28, 2023

Lots of die cuts on this card

 We’ve had a couple of beautiful days here in Ontario. We got the garden planted on Friday and went to Rondeau Provincial Park on Saturday for our first BBQ and bike ride….. which is when we found out just how out of shape we are! I’ve had a hip flexor problem and had to have acupuncture for 2 1/2 months and was limited to what I could do. Wow. It’s surprising how fast you lose strength wen you are idle at age 75. But we will catch up. We had planned on only riding for 15 km and we made almost 14 when we quit. We’ll be back to over 20km before long.

Today’s card is a little different than I normally do. I had fun playing with some dies I’ve had for awhile and never used. Although it was fun, this did not turn out as I imagined but its ‘okay’.

 

So I die cut these reeds from white cardstock and then coloured them with various Distress inks by smearing some ink on my mat; spritzing it with water; and dipping in the reeds. The duck or loon or whatever it is was also white cardstock and was brushed with ink. The one reed had water ripples attached so I dipped them in blue inks.

Then I had no idea what to do with all of them. So I found a piece of water colour paper and dipped it in some blue ink; lighter for the sky; darker for the water. Then I found this dark green piece that already had the large label cut out for a long time ago project….so glad I don’t throw these bits out ….. and decided to use it as a frame to go over the sky/water piece. Then I just adhered the reeds and duck where they fit. The sentiment was stamped. By the way,  the sentiment is on straight, the photo is crooked. It was adhered to a dark green card base.

 That's all for a lovely Sunday on May 28, 2023

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...