Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Deer Card

 Unbelievable weather patterns right now. We went for weeks with no rain and then we got two days of rain, including a thunderstorm with hail last night. But, it has cooled down so much that I had to turn the furnace back on. I think that’s the first time that I can remember turning a furnace on in the middle of June.

 Today’s card is featuring a card made with a new stamp.

                                         

This is a new stamp that was gifted to me. At first I wasn’t sure I liked it or what to do with it so, I experimented a bit.

 I found that inked background piece in the stash stamped it on lightly. Then I re-inked it and stamped again so the solid pieces were much darker. This made the trees in the background recede. The deer is a die cut and is simply glued on. The white frame is part of the stamp. It was then mounted on black cardstock. Then I found that light turquoise paper that matched fairly well with the colours in the sky. It was run through a stitched plate that does not cut, but just pierces the paper. I have two of them and I love them. Then it needed something else so I die cut that black cardstock strip that I first glued to a piece of foam… very thick, I won’t do that again…. but I do love the end result. The sentiment is a black peel-off.

That’s all for a very cool Wednesday, June 14, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. I missed this one.. its lovely Violet! I just love deer.. I miss 'my' deer in Arkansas... I hope someone is giving them a treat at least now and then.. Its HOT here.. crazy HOT for June.. I saw like 110 degrees F in the forecast for the next week... I'm going to hibernate in the aircond as long as the electricity holds out!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...