Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Gate-fold Card

 I’m finally back with another post! Life has been busy, mostly good, but not all. My ‘golden years’ seem to be a but rusty. My hip flexor problem is not completely healed so my usual summer time activities are very limited and then yesterday I had to have a biopsy on my thyroid. Ouch. My neck is a bit sore today so it’s a ‘do something that doesn’t aggravate your neck’ day. Always something. Now, that’s the bad news, the good news is I won an award from the city for my garden; had my photo taken with the mayor; and a $20 gift certificate from the nursery that sponsored the contest. Cool! More plants!

Today’s card is a little different than my normal ones because instead of making an A2 size card,  it’s a gate-fold card . I don’t make many of those and I don’t know why. This may change.

                                      
I like to put a band around the cards to hold them together. The sticker is from a dollar store sticker pack of flowers. I had no idea what to use this for and it sat alone in the package, until now!

And here is the card with the band off and laying beside the card - which was supposed to be cropped out but I forgot to do it.

The photo on the left is one I took in my garden. It’s not a dandelion but a tall Allium that is going to seed. I like them and I have several.  However, it looks like a dandelion so I went with it. It was mounted on the soft brown cardstock which is the same as the background on the right side. However, the rights side was run through an embossing folder with all the grunge dots. The sentiment was die cut a couple of times; glued together and then onto the card.  Once its opened, the greeting is in the middle in the inside. I may start making more of these.

 That’s all for a nice, but not great day -the wind is keeping the temperatures down a bit. Our temperatures are more in the average range again, instead of high.. but we need a good rain. May was the driest month in over 100 years.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. May ended up being the wettest month for us in quite a few months... boy did we need it.. I'm sorry to hear about your biopsy and sore neck.. I wish you well in that everything turns out alright.. I'am Over The Moon about you winning that award!!! I think i need more pictures of your garden... ! I wonder if Alliums would like it here in TX?? Lovely card Violet. I like your idea of using a band to keep it together! Great idea!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...