Monday, July 10, 2023

A Cat Card

 After Saturday being rained out for doing anything outdoors, we ended up having two beautiful days in a row. However, tomorrow it will be feeling like almost 100F with thundershowers and to be repeated on Wednesday. Saturday was supposed to be a bike ride but we don’t ride in the rain so I ended up going to my friend’s house where we spent a few hours putting together fabric bundles along with some quilting magazines or books that are sent to Africa or South America. So, it was an afternoon well spent. Sunday we did 20km on the bikes and today we sat and soaked up fresh air at a small beach area near here called Mitchell’s Bay. We are not sun bathers or swimmers (in lakes) but we had a BBQ lunch and then sat and enjoyed the beautiful day.

 AND NOW FOR THE CARD.

 Next week is my grandson’s 16th birthday. I have no problem making masculine cards but the boys who are between the ages of about 12 - 20 are a struggle. I had made this card just for fun but my husband spotted it and immediately said, “This is for Seth. He loves cats and wants to be a veterinarian so its perfect for him”.  Okay. I never thought of that when I was making it but he’s right. Hope Seth likes it.

 

I had stamped this cat just to see what it looked like stamped and thought it looked nicer than I thought it would. I found the designer paper with the circles in the stash but it was a little too narrow - hence the black strip. To balance it I added the black circle. It was mounted on a brown card base with an extra strip of the same cardstock to go across the card for the cat to sit on. I like things in odd numbers so I wanted a black sentiment so the black peel-off fit just fine…..I fixed the end of it!

Okay, clean and simple with no glitter or bows - perfect for a boy!

 That’s all for a beautiful, although hot Monday, on July 10, 2023. Wow, July 10th already. The summer is moving by too quickly.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Dear friend the Summer is not movie by quickly enough...lol We have been up over 100 F since before the beginning of July... same same day after day.. HOT and no rain in sight.. The only time to be outside is very early in the morning.. Your grandson will LOVE that card I'm sure!! Much love! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...