Monday, July 3, 2023

Red Roses Card

 The card is posted after my lengthy update. Feel free to skip to it.

Its been one extreme after another -  the drought is officially over and we now have been under a excessive rain and flood warning… and excessive rain we definitely got! Saturday was Canada Day when we celebrate the joy of living in what we think is the best country in the world. It was  nice just long enough for us to get in a nice BBQ lunch at Rondeau Provincial Park. They were predicting severe thunderstorms so we left the bikes at home and just had a quiet day. It poured through the night and all day Sunday and then more again today. The flowers in my pots are so bedraggled looking its sad. I sure hope some of this rain fell where the forest fires are! Now, we are under a heat and high humidity warning. I wonder what Mother Nature’s throwing at us next?

So, I’ve been down in my ‘lower studio’, also known as the basement where I make cards and paint but didn’t get anything creative done. My two rare brain disorders always attack when it rains and the creative juices just don’t flow that well. Instead, I tackled a task I get putting off… because I’d rather create usually … and that is, unmounting my wood stamps. Its quite the process. Most of them come off the wood quite easily after soaking in hot water for awhile, but there are some that are stubborn and refuse to budge, or rip the rubber….grrrr. If the rubber rips and tears a hole, then I have no choice but to remove all of it and I'm left with just the rubber stamp. Oh well, I’ve managed to reduce a lot of bulk by getting rid of the wood blocks. No, I don’t throw them out. A friend takes them to her friend who teaches kindergarten. Apparently the kids love them.

 And now for today’s card.  A friend asked me to make some cards for her without any sentiment on them and blank inside. She wanted to gift them to her friend (secret pal thing) but wanted her to be able to write her own greetings. This is one I came up with.

                                      

I was getting a flower out for another card and found a package of these red dimensional roses and decided to use at least one on a card. I have the set of stitched diamond dies have not used them all that much so out they came. I knew I had paper with red roses on it in the ‘red’ drawer so out it came. The background on the designer paper is light pink so I die cut the diamonds from both white and pink and glued every other one together. They were taped a bit at the back to hold them together  - because, of course, I had no idea what I was going to do next.

The designer paper is very busy so I added a piece of red cardstock across the middle of it to tone it down a bit. It was then glued to a white card base. Then I glued down the diamonds and added the red rose on top. It went together quite quickly actually.

Tomorrow is 4th of July for USA so Happy 4th to all my USA readers.

That’s all for a hot and humid and rainy and thunderstormy Monday!

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Violet!! Thank you for the well wishes on the 4th! We don't do anything for the 4th except trying to persevere through the neighborhood fireworks.. Its like a war out there for a good three hours or more.. for several nights.. We live outside the city limits so there are no restrictions.. I think next year i'm going to make it a point to be out of town for the 4th..lol Happy belated Canada Day too my friend! BBQ sounds great!! How nice of you to make your friend's friend some blank cards... And the first one here is lovely! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...