Wednesday, July 19, 2023

A Humourous Card Today

 Yesterday and today were perfect summer weather days. We enjoyed just relaxing, and reading, at Mitchell’s Bay this afternoon. We love being out by the lake, any lake or river actually. Tomorrow is another story - another thunderstorm coming.

 I’ve actually been under attack of the brain disorders, primarily trigeminal neuralgia, for the last couple of days - for no reason except the atmospheric pressure changed quite rapidly. So, yesterday, it was time to go down to the lower studio (aka the basement) and fill in some time making cards. I needed a few humourous birthday cards so here is one I came up with.

 


 I’ve had this stamp for years and everyone once in awhile I pull it out and colour it up. This one was coloured with water based markers. I rubbed the markers on an acrylic block and with a watercolour pen I was able to add ink to the stamped image. This was stamped on just regular white cardstock so I couldn’t use too much water. I should have stamped it on water colour paper but didn’t, so I had to improvise. The sentiment and musical notes are from two different sets but they seem to fit the scene. This is 4.5 inch square card.

 That’s all for a beautiful summer Wednesday, July 19, 2023.

 

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your struggling Violet. I hope you feel more like yourself soon! I love that card you made though! I recently had to make an ATC but wouldn't you know i didn't take a picture of it.. Our heatwave is breaking a little bit.. 100 F instead of 108F... lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...