Saturday, July 15, 2023

A Butterfly Card

 Another rainy Saturday! No bike ride today. In fact, I did very little today. The low atmospheric pressure triggers spasms from my two brain disorders and the concentration level and inspiration level is a bit low today. So, we had a quiet Saturday. Joe beat me soundly playing Rummy-0 - which is a game with tiles similar to the card game Rummy. Its our favourite new game….even though I lose more often than I win.

 Today I’m posting a card made by combining bits and pieces from a 6” paper pack. Its my usual way to use up those left over pieces, but still make a beautiful card.

                                      

The background is one large piece and I made a card base that closely matched the red leaves. To break up that pattern, I strip of beige was placed down the left side. It matches the beige leaves. I wrapped glitter thread around and around and glued it down and then glued that butterfly on top of the thread. The sentiment is a silver peel-off that is on a strip from the same cardstock as the base card. It was placed on another strip that was from the same paper pack. I just punched the corners to add interest. Because it was from the same paper pack, all the colours match.  

That’s all for a rainy, drab, overcast Saturday, July 15, 2023. We have had more than enough rain now Mother Earth, thank you so much!

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. That is one beautiful card Violet!! I hope you get to feeling more yourself soon!! Much love, deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...