Thursday, June 29, 2023

Forest Fire Smoke?

 I’ve mentioned many times how odd the weather has been in Ontario - and other places as well I’ve been told. Add to the weird weather is now forest fire smoke! Yup, the forest fire smoke from Quebec and Northern Ontario has made its way all the way down to South-Western Ontario. It was very strong Tuesday and until late yesterday afternoon when we finally were able to get the grass cut and the yard work done. The schools kept the students inside all day yesterday - bet that was fun! And the post office suspended household postal deliveries yesterday. We can still smell a bit of smoke today but it is much weaker. I can’t image the people who live so close to the fires and have to breathe this in.

 So, I did stay in and I made a couple of new cards - gave myself yet another challenge….as if life isn’t a challenge enough some days. I had some bits and pieces of pretty paper left over and decided to use it up in a new way - hexagons. Here is what I came up with.

                                          
 I have a set of hexagon dies so I used the smallest one and die cut several out of various paper that sort of matched. I glued them to a piece of white cardstock leaving space for a stamped sentiment. Then I glued that to a pink card base.

  I had so much fun I made another one.

                            

 I used the same process as the first one but I glued them on a piece of black cardstock, leaving the bottom right corner free so I could add a stamped and embossed sentiment. It was glued to a card base the same size so no border this time. I think this one is my favourite - more contrast. 

That’s all for a cloudy (from smoke?) Thursday, June 29, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

1 comment:

  1. I do like the darker background better too but both are lovely Violet! Smoke!!! Years ago living in TX there was a grass fire near where we lived... scarey and the SMOKE! We breathed way too much of it in... I'm glad its getting better for you.. You know i have the exact same punch! Ofcourse you know me i got the punch because i thought of 'honeycomb' for bee decorations.. lol LOVE what you've done with it! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...