Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Card number 6

 We finally got the rain! I’m sure there are some farmers trying to get their crops off that are not happy about it but for some of us, its very welcome.

Joe is recovering well from his cataract surgery and even though I was sitting by my friend who did not know she had Covid until the next day,  I did not develop it so I’m happy about that. After six days, I decided I was safe so I took myself off quarantine today and went to get a few groceries. The prices - jeesh.

Here is card 6 out of 7 I made from one piece of 12x12 cardstock. To see the original designer cardstock and other cards, simply scroll back.

                                         
By the time I got to card number 6, the pieces were getting smaller. I had enough of the old weathered wood to fit on a A2 card…except for one corner. So, a simple solution was to add a corner triangle in dark brown. Then I added a piece of light brown cardstock near the bottom to act like a shelf. The edges of the weathered wood and the shelf were ink in brown ink.

The backpack and boots are from another die set I bought from Cathy’s Creative Papercrafters site on Facebook. It came with more dies - a lantern, a thermos, a cup and another element. I just used the backpack and boots for this card as I had it in mind for a teenage boy. The die cuts were also inked with brown ink and I made sure the boots were roughly ink so they looked old and worn. I wasn’t sure how to attach the backpack but then I realized I could use a brad that looks like a nail and pretend the backpack was hanging up. The sentiment is a black peel-off.  It was then mounted on a brown card base. 

My friend saw this card and asked to have it so its gone. I really like this die set and I can see more masculine cards being made with it. One of my grandsons will be 19 in October so he may get one similar to it.

That’s all for a cool and rainy Wednesday, September 27, 2023.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...