Sunday, October 14, 2012

Wishing You Peace

More rain + low atmospheric pressure = brain disorder attack! Hope this weather clears up soon. I was really hoping to get some sewing done today but I can't stand the sound of the serger (or any loud noise including the pipe organ at our church) when I'm under attack so I headed down to the lower studio (aka the basement) and made a card for this week's challenge at Merry Monday which closes at noon today.

I used their sketch too! I first made the card base from a piece of 8.5 x 11" paper cutting it into a 5.5" square with the fold at the top. Then I added the designer paper at the top after running a gold ink pad around the edges of it. Tiny gold stars from a peel-and-stick was added at the bottom of the designer paper. The cardinal was a sticker that I first stuck to white cardstock and then cut out and glued him down. The star is also a peel-and-stick, at least the middle two are. I glued them to the left over piece of cardstock I used to make the card base but I wanted the gold to be on the outside and I didn't have any larger peel-and-stick gold one so I just glued it to a piece of gold from my stash and cut around it. The sentiment is also peel-and-stick. It's hard to read on the picture but it says "Wishing you a season of Peace". The stars underneath are the left over from ones above and then I added some pine cones and berry stickers that came with the cardinal. Overall, I don't mind it.


3 comments:

  1. I'm loving that Cardinal and the pretty star, Violet! Hope you feel better tomorrow. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty Violet! That cardinal is gorgeous, I love birds on Christmas cards! Hope you feel better. Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card, your cardinal is lovely. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...