Friday, March 1, 2024

A Quilt and a Card

 I’m back and everything is fine! I’ve just been busy. I asked my granddaughter if she thought the elderly man they befriended when they moved to New Brunswick would like a quilt. He was pretty much a recluse until they moved there. No one can resist that girl’s charm. He now knows someone cares about him for no reason other than friendship. It turns out he was just recently diagnosed with cancer so he definitely needs a quilt. So, I was on overdrive getting the quilt finished for him. My granddaughter had requested a shiny, sparkly sun dress to wear to a Taylor Swift concert so that had to be made as well. So instead of posting the complimentary page to the last scrapbook layout I posted, I’m posting the quilt I just made. I made him a thinking of you card as well so it’s a double posting today.

Here’s the quilt.

                                          
He is a great outdoors man so I thought the deer panels would be a good choice. I had no pattern and just pulled some fabric from my stash and designed as I went. It didn’t photograph well but it was already mailed before I realized it. I hope he likes it.

Here is the card I made for him. I didn't have my proper Ott lighting when I took this photo so the colour is a bit off.  The sentiment was stamped with black ink on white cardstock and was premade and in my stash and as I was in a hurry, I used it. The sky is actually blue. My Ott light was upstairs and I didn't realize what a difference it would make using a standard light. Never again. 

                              
I thought this deer die would compliment the quilt so I die cut it from black cardstock, added a piece of blue paper from the blue stash behind it for the background. I liked it so much I made several more that I will be donating to the local Hospice. I always seem to struggle to get the masculine thinking of you cards for them.

Although this card had that sentiment the others I made for the hospice were a bit different. I had more time for them so the sentiment was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder right on the card.  Quick and easy.  

That’s all for a very mild Friday, March 1, 2024. March came in like a lamb and I hope it leaves the same way. Take care all and have a safe, happy and creative weekend.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful quilt Violet. I bet he'll LOVE it! YES! The card goes beautifully with the quilt. Perfect! Glad everything is okay with you... I'm up to my neck getting things ready for the Craft fair.. I have to turn everything in on the Mar. 30th.. I've found 9 things to turn in but ofcourse not all of them are ready... sigh... It will be a push to finish.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...