Friday, May 3, 2024

Sympathy Card

 This has been a very upsetting year so far. Hopefully, it will start getting better now. Let’s see, we lost Joe’s sister in January; terrible weather that set off my brain disorders all winter and spring; Joe had a cold that lasted 2 weeks; last week I had a 2 hour dental procedure for a risky root canal…success, he saved the tooth; and then this week it was very bad and sad as my brother died. Now, mind you, he was 85 and has been paralyzed from the arm pits down since he was about 33 so he has not had an easy life but he never got down about it. His wife was expecting their 5 child when he was in the motorcycle accident (that was not his fault) and it changed their whole life. He ran his own body shop and wrecking yard until he retired. Unfortunately the last few years were filled with health problems and his body finally gave up. We shall miss him but he is now free of the wheelchair. May he rest in peace.

 So in honour of my brother, I am posting a sympathy card today.

 

I’ve had this little rose stamp for years and seldom ever use it but I think that is about to change. It was coloured with alcohol ink markers. For the background I took a piece of cardstock and splattered red and blue and I think gold watered down ink on it.Then the piece with the focal image was done the same way. I just covered up the flowers so they didn’t get splattered. I used a stitched rectangle die to cut it out and glued it to a piece of gold cardstock and then to a piece of royal blue cardstock that was also die cut with a larger stitched die. I wanted some gold on the front of the card so I added the gold strip but it wasn’t enough. So I added a piece of double sided adhesive to the back of another gold strip and ran it through the lattice die. I punched out all the centres but kept them to be used on another card - some day! (famous last words). I liked that look so I added the focal image and then the gold sentiment.

That’s all for a rainy predicted weekend.

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your family members this year Violet... What a life changing event for your brother and what a remarkable life he went on to live.. I love your card. That stamp is lovely... and a lovely tribute for your brother.. Rainy here too.. but for the last two days we've missed out on the terrible storms... tornadoes in nearby towns . We live 7 miles North of our closest town and they got hit by 80mph winds... where we are no wind.. Just big black clouds that dropped a little rain.. More storms expected today.... Hugs my friend... deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...