Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Two Cards Today

 Yet another rainy day here in Ontario. It’s been colder than normal as well which doesn’t sit well with me. I’m a heat loving girl and I’m looking forward to summer weather. All the spring bulbs are blooming like crazy though and I have some friends and some kids from the nearby school coming over to help themselves to daffodils and hostas. They all need thinning out so I’m happy to pass them on.

Sorry for the long gaps in posting. But from now until late fall its going to be hit and miss getting a post done. I’m too busy outside enjoying whatever nice days we have so I’m not in the computer mood those days…..too tired to post by night time! So, today I’m posting two cards. I just bought this single die of a watering can and decided to experiment with it.

Card Number One:

                                     
So the first time I die cut this watering can, I used a piece of black cardstock, rubbed VersaMark all over it, and sprinkled on some Perfect Pearls in various colours  to grunge it up a bit and die cut it twice. Then I used one for extra pieces by trimming off both the top and bottom rim; the handle and the spout and glued them on to the other die cut. This added a bit of dimension. I wanted the can to sit on something so a dark green strip was placed on the green patterned card base but it needed something else. So I punched that white strip and placed it underneath -yes, the green looked like a shelf now so I glued it all down.

Then I went through the flower stash and found the daisies,   extra petals, some leaves and the pruning shears and glued them on. I didn’t add a sentiment so it can be used for many occasions.

Card Number 2:

                                  

I still had a piece of the cardstock that I used on the first card so I die cut another watering can and put it together the same way. But, I wanted a totally different card. Once again, I went through my stash and found this green card base and a strip of paper that matched it and glued that on. I laid the watering can down and it landed on an angle as if it was pouring water. Hmmm. I could work with that so I stamped a flower below the spout and coloured it and then added the Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer with yellow Stickles in the centre. The top of the can was blah so some leaves were die cut and some greenery die cut to add to the top, which I know doesn’t make logical sense, but it liked it so they stayed. Then small blue gems were added as if they were  water droplets coming out of the spout onto the flower. Then three black dew drops (which I’ve had for years) were added to the bottom right. I didn’t bother with a sentiment on this one either.

So, that’s all for a rainy Tuesday, April 23, 2024.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. I love both iterations of the watering can.. :) With our weather i hibernate in Summer and come out in the Fall Winter and Spring... most of our Winters are mild.. with occasional cold spell.. Your card making is so clever... Having a Granddaughter spend the day with us.. should be lots of fun! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...