Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Heat Wave and a Card

 We are having a heat wave and it’s a wicked one. Close to 100F every day this week and its so humid you can hardly breathe outside…. and it will continue well into the weekend. This, of course, triggers thunderstorms too and possible tornadoes. So far, only thunderstorms.

 I don’t get quite as much card making, quilting or scrapbooking done in the summer but I still manage to get a few hours each week in. Here is one card I made.


I was just in another playing around with some stamps I bought and never used and this card was the result. I wasn’t sure if I really liked it all that much but my friend loved it so it went with her. The background was all sponged with various Distress Inks. I stamped the lady first and the flowers in an arc to her right. Then I decided to sponge some ink to create the background sky. The area around her hand was inked in light yellow and also down the arc of flowers but it is very light. The sky and ground are various Distress ink…and possibly some Stampin’ Up ink as well. Then the flowers were stamped on the top left corner and a few on the top right. Some of the flowers, which are really small circles, were coloured with markers in a variety of blues and purples. Then I decided she needed something in her outreached hand so I die cut and coloured those tiny butterflies and glued them on. The sentiment was stamped. It could use some improvement but for an experiment its not too bad.

That’s all for a very hot and humid Tuesday June 18, 2024.  Oh, and today is our 36th wedding anniversary but we decided it was way too hot to get dressed up to go out for supper. We’ll celebrate on another night. No big deal for either of us. We are each other’s best friend and we spend about 90% of our time together, which we love! So the actually anniversary date is secondary to how we love each other.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. Aaaww Happy Humid Anniversary Violet!!!! lol Earlier in the Month Hubby and i celebrated our 35! And within the week i celebrate my Birthday... getting much to close to 60 for my liking... lol What a beautiful card! I love that fantasy style.. Well we were expecting some rain and cooler temps from that tropical storm in the Gulf near TX/Mex border. That had us forecasted for up to 2 inches.. 80% chance! Now we are down to 50% chance for less than a tenth of and inch of rain... what a let down... sigh.. we could use the rain.. Take care!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...