Sunday, June 9, 2024

Old Dies, New Card

 Hello All! Its been awhile since my last post again. Life has been busy. The weather is still cooler and rainier than it normally is for this time of the year but the good news is, we haven’t had to turn the A/C on very much at all. I have been busy making cards - I made and donated 48 to the local hospice so that was quite a lot of work but they do appreciate handmade cards to send out. I did make a few for myself as well, including this one.


 I’ve had this flower die for more years than I care to admit and have seldom used it. Time to dig out the old dies! It does not come with the stems and leaves but that was an easy fix. The background was pure white so I sponged on some light blue ink through a stencil and did some extra sponging as well. The ribbon was wrapped around the card before it was mounted on a dark brown card base the same colour as the top of the flowers. Then the butterfly was glued on. No sentiment was added as I’m not sure what it will be used for.

That’s all for a very cool Sunday, June 9, 2024.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...