Thursday, June 27, 2024

Scrapbook Layout

 The horrible heat and humidity finally left us earlier this week….and was replaced with rain and thunderstorms but much cooler temperatures. We had a vicious thunderstorm yesterday with almost 2” of rain falling in about an hour. Lots of streets and fields were flooded.  Canada Day falls on Monday this year and its our celebration very much like the USA’s 4th of July. We always watch the mega fireworks that is a collaboration between Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario on TV….too loud and too many people to go in person...just before our joint celebrations

 A couple of weeks ago, my daughter, her hubby and one grandson came to Chatham to watch a ballgame with us. We have a new team in Chatham that belongs to the Inter-County Baseball League - very, very minor- but the team is a nice addition to the city.  They are called The Chatham-Kent Barnstormers. In the 30’s and 40’s and up to the 60’s, I think, successful sport teams and theatre acts were known barnstromers, especially baseball teams in the Negro League  which Chatham certainly had. This area is one of the many stops for the Underground Railway so we have a huge black population. In fact, the MLB All-Star, Fergie Jenkins, who is also in the Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame, is from Chatham. So, anyway, they decided to name the team the Barnstormers to honour those who played in the Negro League.  Whew, end of history lesson.  

Here is the scrapbook layout I created with the few photos I took.

 

I did struggle getting this layout finished and I’m blaming it on working on it during the heat and humidity as I was suffering from an attack from the brain disorders I deal with…caused by the humidity. I changed the background 3 times before the third one stayed as plain blue. The back of the blue behind the other paper was gutted so I could use it to mount the photos on the right page and the strip behind the photos on the left side. I always do this as it saves paper and is less bulky. The title was die cut from black cardstock. The baseballs and popcorn bags were free clip art from the Internet. I didn’t have very many baseball themed  stickers or paper. The yellow tag and the arrow were die cuts as were the letters. I have a nice variety of alpha dies so they come in handy. The words on the tag, “summer here and now” are from a Tim Holtz sentiment die set. 

The red tag on the right page is from a pack of tags I picked up at a thrift store likely years ago. I forgot I had them, pulled them out, and found the perfect tag. The only sticker I had was the sun and the baseball sticker that is on top of the computer generated journaling which I printed on velum. The ticket on the right page is one of the admission ones from that day. I didn’t have many photos of us so I clicked a few of the open grandstand …..hot, hot, hot…and the batting cages and the mascot, Lefty.

I like to scrapbook the every day and little things in life as well as the big occasions.

That is all for a sunny but cool Thursday, June 27, 2024.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. I think its a great layout Violet... I hope to get started on my scrapbooking in some way shape or form... fingers crossed! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...