Monday, July 8, 2024

Birds and a Card

 We had a very pleasant weekend but today is another scorcher….hot and humid. So we packed up a lunch and headed to Mitchell’s Bay for the afternoon. The wind comes off the lake and it is so much cooler there. I always take my camera with me “just in case” and I’m so glad I did. We noticed a very small bird under a bench and wondered what it was. It turned out to be a baby Cedar Waxwing. I don’t think it fledged but fell out of the nest. Here are a couple photos of it.

 




 Here's a video of it trying to fly and the mother happened to show up to feed it. Hope it opens. 


I was very busy in my ‘lower studio’ last week but not crafting! I was purging! I have a whole box of crafting supplies that I decided I was not going to use and they are going to sold or donated.

I do have a couple of cards ready to post though. Here’s one.

                               

 This is an old Art Impression stamp (I think) so not sure if its available anymore. I had a stack of old greeting cards someone gave me and this one with the funny flowers was one of them. I decided to repurpose it. Not all the flowers had stems so I added stems and gems in the centre of each one. The lady was stamped, coloured and then I hand cut her out and attached her with dimensional dots. The two sentiments were stamped - the top one from my stash and the one by her came with the stamp set.

That’s all for a hot and humid Monday with hurricane Beryl expecting to hit us tomorrow with torrential downpours. Stay safe everyone!

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. The passing Hurricane didn't give us any rain... We are too far inland. It would have had to make landfall much further south to even come close to us... This one turned too far North before coming ashore.. BUT it did give us some humidity... uughh.. but i guess any moisture is welcome .. The native plants here can pull moisture right out of the air.. i just love cedar waxwings.. they are so beautiful aren't they? I've never seen a baby one before.. Purging! That can be tough.. I do it ever so often just to keep the hoard down...lol Big Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...