Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Mixed Media Magic Card

 We are under another heat wave….along with thunderstorms. What a weird summer! The heat wave will continue all week with temperatures hot and humid and nearly 100F. Thank goodness I have indoor hobbies to keep me busy.

 It was one of my daughter’s birthday this week and this is the card I made for her.

 


 The background started out as a piece of 12x12 ugly striped cardstock that I knew I would never use. So, it was time for some mixed media magic to transform it into something I would use. I like to make the family cards really special and I thought Janette would like this one….and she did.

Sorry, I don’t keep track or photo each step when I do mixed media. This was several layers of paint, spray, ink, gesso, stamps and stencils. I just keep layering until I like it and then I stop. Once I cut it down to fit on a A2 card which is the light purple, I added the die cut butterfly (Memory Box die) and sentiment (no idea of manufacturer, sorry)…which is the same paper as the card base. I no longer worry about cutting up the cardstock. When I need a matching piece, I cut! The dots for the butterfly trail was stamped in black. I thnk its an old Technique Tuesday stamp. The butterfly was popped up with dimensional tape.

That’s all for a hot and humid Tuesday, July 30, 2024.

Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. You had me at magic! lol What a beautiful card Violet! HOT and humid here... yuck.. No rain though... we had some a week or two ago... its time for MORE rain.. lol Weeds are growing great!! uuugh.. Thank you so much for your lovely email. I'm so glad you liked your card and letter in the mail.. Stay cool! I go outside in the early morning or just at Sunset... Looking forward to Fall!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...