Friday, September 13, 2024

I'm Back...with 2 cards

 

I’m back! My neighbour finally found a way to remove One Drive completely, but it was not easy. Thank goodness we have a neighbour who we call our computer guru!

Here’s a quick update – August would be hot and humid with thunderstorms and would then switch to very cold for a few days and then back to hot and humid. So, basically same weird weather. We are enjoying very hot weather for September right now and the rest of the month will be the same, and no rain in the forecast at all. We could use a good, all-day rain.

I turned 77 on the labour day weekend and had a lovely birthday week. Two of my daughters and family members came the week before for a picnic and visit at Rondeau Provincial Park which was lovely. Joe and I then celebrated my birthday on our own. I got my daughter’s camping trailer quilt finished just in time to give it to her at the picnic. She loved it. Whew! Here’s a photo of her and I at the picnic. Double click to enlarge.


I did get a lot of cards made in the last few weeks. Here are two of them. I’m posting two as they are the same design with different elements.



I needed a couple of anniversary cards. I was in a “use up the scraps” mode and found these two green strips left over from other projects and decided to use them. I cut a piece of white cardstock 4” x 5.25” and glued the strips down the middle. Then gold peel-off strips were added along the edges. The sentiments are gold peel-offs as well. The butterflies were very plain, so I covered them with clear glitter. I had a whole package of butterflies, but they were just very blah looking so I sat one night and glittered them all. The butterfly body is from an old Memory Box die. Then some gold flower peel-offs were added.

On the other card I used this hand-cut bird from a package of ephemera bits and popped it up with dimensional foam. Small gold gems were added to the centres of the flowers in the strip of paper and a few by the sentiment.

That’s all for now. Take care all.

 Cheers

Violet

Ps: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply over over the image until the “Pin It” symbol appears and then click …. be patient, it sometimes takes a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to see you back Violet!!! That quilt is amazing!! So beautiful! As are both your cards! Hot hot weather again here... what do they call that 'Indian Summer'... ? Well rain and some cooler weather expected next week...Happy Belated Birthday my friend. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...