Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A Birthday Layout



Weather update – the powerful storm we had here Sunday was nothing compared to the area along the shores of Lake Huron. I had mentioned that people had lost power but it was worse than that. They have determined that it was a F1 tornado that touched down. Lots of trees down and buildings damaged but no injuries reported. Scary. That area is likely about 3 hours or more drive from here but close enough to be scary all the same.

This morning was filled by running errands and then I got to quilt all afternoon. I have another top almost completed that will be going to our quilt guild to be finished off for our comfort quilts that we donate to various organizations and to people diagnosed with cancer. Busy day but an enjoyable day.

I thought I’d post a scrapbook page today. This one is about my grandson enjoying his 11th birthday.



I didn’t wasn’t there for his birthday as they live about 900 km from us so I had to make do with photos his other grandparents kindly sent me. For the page on the right, I took some photos that were not that exciting and taped them together and then cut them into a circle. The circle was then glued to the bright blue. I added a nice photo of Joven to the top right portion. It looked like the was looking down and remembering his birthday so that prompted me to stamp “birthday memories” along the edge of the circle. Then the striped papers were notched and added. His name was die cut from a Sizzix die. The little tags are from a Cuttlebug set. The strip along the bottom needed something else so I die cut six circles, three larger than the other three and glued them together. Then I hand cut some stars (used a stencil from Hot Off the Press, out of the striped paper and glued them on top of the circles.

For the right hand page I cropped three photos and glued them to the same piece of blue that the circle on the other side was glued to with another stripe going vertical instead of horizontal. The last photo was of him blowing out the candles so I added the saying underneath to ground it. The journaling is on a tag that started out white and I just blended some Distress inks over it so it blend in a bit and not look too bright.

Here are the individual pages.



Well, it’s close to 7:00 pm here and the dark clouds are forming once again. One of my stops this morning was at the local fruit stand where I was able to buy both strawberries and raspberries and some fresh picked corn on the cob. I love this time of the year. We had the corn for supper but it was way too cold to sit out in the patio. I was laughing and telling Joe that sometimes in July it’s too hot and humid to sit out there and this year it’s been too cold. We can’t win.

Until next time,
Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...