Wednesday, November 15, 2017

A Wild Background Christmas Card


Another rainy day here in Ontario. We managed to get groceries; run some errands and had lunch out before it started to rain too hard so that was good. Tonight is our quilt guild’s Christmas meeting – the last meeting until January!  It’s a fun night with a potluck of appetizers and deserts with punch; tea and coffee (not that I can eat most of that because a lot of the appetizers have meat in it (vegetarian) and I don’t like sweets but they always have a lot of fruit too.



This year they are asking everyone to wear a fancy Christmas hat….and boy do I have one! I decided to go overboard and get a few laughs so I took an large blue straw hat that I had decorated a couple of years ago for an Easter hat (for the guild’s Easter meeting); removed all the Easter eggs; added some greenery; battery operated lights; gold stars and lots of poinsettias and more! Joe just shook his head – he’s given up on me! Of course he asked right away, “Isn’t that going to cause your spasms to start?” (My brain disorders do not like heavy or tight things on my head) “Yes”, I said, “If I leave it on for long, which I won’t”.  Should get a few laughs and that’s fine. My guild friends will expect nothing less from me!



Today’s card has a wild background for a Christmas card but I liked it! It is for this challenge:  http://www.scrapyland-blog.com






I took a piece of water colour paper and sponged on various colours of Distress Ink. Then it was splattered with plain water to get those lovely lighter splots…which is not a word but should be! Then I die cut some snowflakes (Spellbinders) out of the paper…likely to be used in another project. Then I die cut the same snowflakes out of the turquoise cardstock and inserted them. This was then glued to a white 5 ½” card base….. square cards do not cost more to mail in Canada! Glitter glue was put inside all the white areas of the snowflakes ….doesn’t show up in the photo but it does in real life. Peel-off silver stars, fancy scroll and the sentiment were then added. I decided it need more bling so a clear gem stone was added to each snowflake…they didn’t photograph well either but, again, it looks nicer in real life.



That’s all for a rainy Wednesday, November 15, 2017.



Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






2 comments:

  1. Oh i was so hoping you would show a picture of your hat!!! :) I just love your card! The colors and snowflakes are gorgeous!! We had thunder and rain last night... and i completely slept thru it... totally unlike me... apparently the house could have come crashing down and i would have missed it.. I hope you have a fabulous time at your meeting!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool looking card . keep them coming

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...