Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mystic Horses Jacket

OK, I'm trying to post a few things to show you what I like to do. I was at a quilt expo and found a panel that had all these mystic horses on it. I had no idea what I was going to do with it but I loved it and bought it. Then I found the complimentary fabric at another booth. I held on to it for several months and then took the plunge and cut out each horse image. I cut out the basic jacket pattern pieces and fused the horse images on where I felt they should go. It was a design as you go project...as per usual with me. It has quilting batting inside and the lining is the same as the plain fabric on the outside. It is actually completely reversible but I never wear it the other way. Hope you like it.

3 comments:

  1. Violet...omgawsh....your creations are just STUNNING! I have a quilted/appliqued jacket I made years ago...I should share a pic! And that mixed media tree! Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet, Linda just emailed me to see if I have seen your blog... so I popped over to have a peek. OM gosh I agree, your creations are stunning! Love your quilted jacket - gorgeous, and that tree is the cutest ever!
    Great idea what you did with those brooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words! Joe (hubby)says I'm either creating something or thinking of what I'm going to create next!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...