Friday, April 15, 2011

Bellarific Friday entry for April 15th, 2011

Stampin' Bella challenge this week was to use a sketch provided by Linda H. I love pink and green together so this time I didn't have to fuss over what colours I was going to use. Stamped the image and coloured it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Oval and oval scallop by Spellbinders. The bow was tied by me! Yeah! I can now tie bows with great accuracy using my new method. I noticed that several of the card bloggers used a device called  "the bow maker" so I watched how to use it on YouTube. No one sold it locally and I didn't want to pay shipping charges for one item to buy it on-line so I made my own. Theirs is plastic which looks quite sturdy but I made mine out of Tim Holtz Grunge Paper. It's pretty sturdy but flexible and it doesn't rip. I actually made 3 different ones so I have a small, medium and large bow maker. If I ever come across the real bow maker I will definitely buy it but until then, my homemade ones are working fine.

The flowers the girl are holding are made with flower soft. Again, can't buy it locally but Mary Maxim in Port Huron has it. A friend and I bought different colours and we traded. Aren't friends great! Love mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...